The events industry was heavily shaken by the pandemic. As time progresses, event organizers are forced to adapt and find innovative ways to cope up with the situation. Thankfully, virtual and hybrid events came into play.
It is undeniable that virtual events took the event industry by storm. But as vaccines are already out, conference halls and venues are slowly being opened up for events. In this case, it is clear that hybrid events take over the event industry soon.
It’s fame has reached global competence and most countries are now going hybrid – including Singapore. But, what exactly are hybrid events and why is it the future of events?
What are hybrid events?
Hybrid events are the most flexible and versatile approach to hosting events. It is held both online and offline, wherein attendees can choose whether to attend virtually or physically. Audiences highly appreciate this kind of freedom and flexibility as they can safely attend events in the comfort of their homes.
It offers businesses the opportunity to expand their reach and target a wider audience. Since most attendees can attend online, potential clients can easily come and reach them. It is highly understandable that hybrid events might seem intimidating, but really, it isn’t. Check out the 3 important things you need to know about them here.
Why are hybrid events the future of events?
As mentioned earlier, even this pandemic is over, hybrid events are here to stay for a long time. Here are 5 reasons why:
- They generate an impressive ROI. With talented speakers and interesting topics on hand, people are willing to pay for attending a hybrid event. You can charge for giving virtual access to materials and recordings, or through giving promos for the things they can get at a lower price compared to when they get it in-person.
- Organizers have more control over the event. In hosting hybrid events, organizers can control almost everything. From the budget down to the number of physical and virtual attendees. They can decide how many attendees can attend the physical event and allot enough money for the expenses. They do not need to worry about the venue’s capacity as other participants can simply join online.
- Extended engagement between the virtual and physical audience. Engagement is important for both virtual and physical attendees. Given that physical attendees can interact with each other a lot easier, virtual attendees should not be left out. Fortunately, there are tons of ways to keep hybrid events fun and engaging for both audiences. Check out more tips and ideas on how to increase engagement during hybrid events here.
- Talented speakers from around the world can easily speak in the event. Speakers are one of the main attractions to any events. Attendees like to see personalities that are expert in their field. Through hybrid events, talented speakers from around the world can easily come and make a virtual appearance.
- They are eco-friendly. Considering that only a few people are required to go to the venue, fuel consumption is actually reduced. In addition to that, now that there are fewer guests in the venue, wastes will be a lot lesser; therefore, eco-friendlier.
Even though hybrid events tap into the future, some organizers feel like it is too good to be true. It is undeniable that hybrid events are going to be extra challenging, but there are always solutions to it. You always have to start somewhere, and now is the best time to start. If you’re still doubting about hybrid events, you can check out their pros and cons here.
Launch your hybrid events with Delegate PLAY
Secure your place at the top and start your hybrid events now. Start planning your events and get a team that will support you all the way to success. Now, kickstart your hybrid events now with Delegate PLAY.
Delegate PLAY – An immersive virtual platform putting all uncertainty to an end
While the global events industry recovers and prepares itself for the new normal, it is the perfect time to look at best-in-class digital technologies to address client needs and preferences. To this effect, the recently launched Delegate PLAY is a game changer, enabling vendors to seamlessly host events and build connections. Delegate PLAY is a fully immersive virtual environment which allows users to host online conferences and exhibitions under one integrated platform. Event organisers, sponsors and attendees are therefore able to sync up and network in an online virtual environment, transforming a traditionally offline experience into an online format. To read more about it, click here.
Delegate PLAY helps optimize your events ROI by offering innovative features like custom virtual fairgrounds, real-time audience participation and engagement tracking, accessing events on the go from any device, and unlimited content without any geographical restrictions.
Planning your virtual event on Delegate PLAY? We would love to help make your virtual event a smashing success. For more information or a demo of Delegate PLAY, feel free to contact us via the form below. We promise to get in touch with you in a jiffy.