Hybrid events are becoming a dominant player in the events industry. This type of approach to hosting events is the most versatile and flexible for both the attendees and the organizers. However, as good as it is, 50% of businesses have never organized a hybrid event.
If hybrid events are so flexible and versatile, why do 50% of organizers never planned out and organized one? Since organizers need to manage virtual and physical events simultaneously, there are a lot of challenges that they will definitely encounter. What are the possible challenges and how can you address them?
What are the challenges of hybrid events?
According to Marktletic, here are some of the challenges that organizers and attendees:
- Organizers say that uniting physical and virtual attendees is their biggest challenge.
- Looking for the right technology and gadgets to ensure a smooth experience is a main concern.
- Virtual attendees felt excluded from the event.
- Speakers find it difficult to connect with virtual and physical attendees at the same time.
- The preparation of hybrid events takes more time and effort compared to physical or virtual event.
- Scheduling an event for audiences with multiple time zones.
These challenges may seem extreme for some, but event organizers do not easily give in. Now, what can you do once you are faced with these challenges?
How to address the challenges of hybrid events?
With great challenges comes creative solutions. Here are some tips on how you can address the challenges when hosting hybrid events:
- Do technical dry runs as much as possible. Conducting dry runs will help you identify which equipment is not working properly and needs to be replaced. This will help you to know early on what works and what does not. Researching professional gadgets and equipment is a good idea, too. If you plan to host hybrid events for a long time, purchasing high quality tech is a good investment for the company.
- Use a platform that has plenty of engaging features. Engagement is important for virtual attendees. It is important to look for virtual platforms that are both visually attractive and engaging. If you are looking for a virtual platform that has an interactive interface, a 3D environment, and a real-life feel, then Delegate PLAY is the right platform for you.
- Set the stage for both virtual and physical attendees. It is important that the stage is attractive. The appearance of the stage sets the mood for physical attendees. It can make them either excited or bored. When filming the event, make sure that virtual attendees can see angles of the physical stage from time to time. It’s a bonus if they can see both the stage and the crowd. It makes them feel that they are part of the crowd, too.
- Let virtual and physical attendees interact with one another. Events are meant to have human interaction whether physical or virtual. Add a feature wherein audiences from both modalities can interact and get to know each other. This can be through live chats, gamification, and other strategies. Want to know more ideas on how to increase engagements during hybrid events? Read more of that here.
- Choose talented and charismatic speakers. The energy of speakers can single-handedly set the mood of the audience for the entire session. Sometimes audiences are simply forced to listen, but speakers who know how to connect with the audience take the experience to another level. This is why, select your speakers wisely.
- Choose a supportive team. Knowing that going hybrid basically means that you’re hosting two events. This is why choosing the right people on your team is important. No matter how big the challenge is, once the people in your team have the same minds and are on the same page, expect that everything will be fine. Having a team like Delegate will highly ensure success. Check out how Delegate PLAY made SEOCon 2021, the largest virtual conference in APAC, a resounding success here.
- Understand your event. Before you plan your hybrid events, it is actually important to understand what kind of event you want to launch. There are some events that really do not work well with hybrid events, and one of that is customer appreciation launch. In order to make hybrid events actually work, assess whether going hybrid is even an option. If you still do not know much about hybrid events, check out the three important things you need to know about them here.
Now that you know how to address the challenges of hybrid events, host your events with your heads held high. Still confused about the differences between hybrid, virtual, and physical events? Read a more elaborate description of the three here.
Kickstart your hybrid events with Delegate PLAY
Hybrid events are not going anywhere anytime soon. There is no better time to host a hybrid event than now, so why be part of the 50 percent? Kickstart your hybrid events with the tips above and let Delegate PLAY guide you all the way.
Delegate PLAY – An immersive virtual platform putting all uncertainty to an end
While the global events industry recovers and prepares itself for the new normal, it is the perfect time to look at best-in-class digital technologies to address client needs and preferences. To this effect, the recently launched Delegate PLAY is a game changer, enabling vendors to seamlessly host events and build connections. Delegate PLAY is a fully immersive virtual environment which allows users to host online conferences and exhibitions under one integrated platform. Event organisers, sponsors and attendees are therefore able to sync up and network in an online virtual environment, transforming a traditionally offline experience into an online format. To read more about it, click here.
Delegate PLAY helps optimize your events ROI by offering innovative features like custom virtual fairgrounds, real-time audience participation and engagement tracking, accessing events on the go from any device, and unlimited content without any geographical restrictions.
Planning your virtual event on Delegate PLAY? We would love to help make your virtual event a smashing success. For more information or a demo of Delegate PLAY, feel free to contact us via the form below. We promise to get in touch with you in a jiffy.