As the pandemic progresses, applying for jobs and hiring new people have become difficult. At this point where virtual events are everywhere, is a virtual career fair a great option? Yes.
Virtual career fairs are the most convenient way for both employers and job seekers to connect with each other. With the right virtual event platform, virtual career fairs can be interactive and engaging. So how do they work and are they really worth the risk?
How do virtual career fairs work?
Virtual career fairs are hosted in a virtual event platform where employers have their very own booths. Employers can easily communicate with interested applicants through live chat features or through email. As for the applicants, they can build their profile and resume on LinkedIn or they can simply upload their resume. Check out how virtual career fairs can help you find top talents here.
If you are looking for an event platform that feels just like a traditional career fair, then Delegate PLAY is the right platform for you! Its 3D virtual environment and user-friendly interface lets users feel like they’re in a traditional career fair. It consists of the lobby, the main stage, and the booths. The fun part is, applicants can roam around virtually and explore the entire virtual space.
Are virtual career fairs worth it?
Going virtual amid the pandemic is the most practical solution. Unless the world is still closed and venues are limiting their capacities, going virtual is the best option you have. In fact, virtual events in Singapore are creating a massive impact to its event industry.
Virtual career fairs have tons of benefits for both employers and applicants. Here are some of the reasons why virtual career fairs are worth everybody’s time and are worth the risk:
- Applicants can meet different employers. The virtual environment is a great place to meet employers. Some employers require certain skills, qualifications, and experiences. Through the virtual booths, applicants can skim through the employer’s requirements and choose a position where their skills and qualifications fit. This saves them time from going through multiple trials and errors.
- Employers can pre-screen applications. Since applications and resumes are readily available online, employers can easily select which candidates best fit the position. With pre-selection, the hiring process becomes easier and a lot more convenient. This doesn’t necessarily mean that other applicants don’t have a shot at the position, they can still communicate with the employers and give it a shot.
- Communication is faster. Communication is a lot faster through live chat features. Employers can connect with selected candidates through video conferencing or through email.
- Recruitment marketing increases. Virtual career fairs make recruitment more efficient. This can be part of your company’s marketing strategy wherein you can send out invitations, publish pubmats, and create hashtags for the virtual career fair. This saves you time from actually sourcing out people who are interested to apply.
- It offers flexibility for both the employers and applicants. Virtual career fairs are convenient for both employers and applicants. Why? Because everything is online and they can attend the fair in the very comfort of their homes. Looking into hosting a hybrid career fair? Here are the 3 important things you need to know about hybrid events.
Still trying to figure out what virtual event platform to use? Kickstart your virtual career fairs with Delegate PLAY. Delegate’s supportive team can make anything happen. Check out how Delegate PLAY played a big part in SEOCon 2021, the largest virtual conference in APAC, here.
Start your virtual career fairs with Delegate PLAY
Take a chance in finding the top-talents in this generation through virtual career fairs. Looking for a user-friendly virtual event platform with a 3D virtual environment? Start your virtual career fairs with Delegate PLAY!
Delegate PLAY – An immersive virtual platform putting all uncertainty to an end
While the global events industry recovers and prepares itself for the new normal, it is the perfect time to look at best-in-class digital technologies to address client needs and preferences. To this effect, the recently launched Delegate PLAY is a game changer, enabling vendors to seamlessly host events and build connections. Delegate PLAY is a fully immersive virtual environment which allows users to host online conferences and exhibitions under one integrated platform. Event organisers, sponsors and attendees are therefore able to sync up and network in an online virtual environment, transforming a traditionally offline experience into an online format. To read more about it, click here.
Delegate PLAY helps optimize your events ROI by offering innovative features like custom virtual fairgrounds, real-time audience participation and engagement tracking, accessing events on the go from any device, and unlimited content without any geographical restrictions.
Planning your virtual event on Delegate PLAY? We would love to help make your virtual event a smashing success. For more information or a demo of Delegate PLAY, feel free to contact us via the form below. We promise to get in touch with you in a jiffy.